TUESDAYS 7:00 – 9:00PM
SUNDAYS 4:00 – 6:00PM
We are studying Tantric Grounds and Paths by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso with Resident Teacher Gen Khedrub.
Although there is great interest in Tantra, very few people understand its real meaning. This book represents a significant milestone in revealing the profound mysteries of Tantra to the modern world. Drawing from his own experience and the works of Je Tsongkhapa and other great Yogis, Geshe Kelsang Gyatso presents an authoritative and comprehensive guide to the four classes of Tantra in general, and to the generation and completion stages of Highest Yoga Tantra in particular.
Joining the Teacher Training Program
The donation for Teacher Training Program is $95 per month, which includes membership for all TTP classes, general program classes at the temple and our branch locations, and a discounted rate for various day courses. Kadampa Meditation Center Washington is a registered not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to benefiting the general public through our International Temples Project. Foundation Program membership is fully tax deductible.
If you have the wish to join the Teacher Training Program or would like to learn more, please contact the Education Program Coordinator at KMC Washington, (206) 526-9565 or email email@example.com
About the Program
The purpose of the Teacher Training Program (TTP) is to provide an extensive presentation of particular subjects of Mahayana Buddhism to enable practitioners to deepen their knowledge and experience of Buddhism, and to train as qualified New Kadampa Tradition Teachers. All Resident Teachers of Kadampa Buddhist Centers follow this in-depth program of study and practice. The program comprises the following twelve subjects, based on Buddha’s Sutra and Tantra teachings and the corresponding commentaries by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso:
1. The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path of Good Fortune
2. Training the Mind, based on the commentaries Universal Compassion and Eight Steps to Happiness
3. The Heart Sutra, based on the commentary The New Heart of Wisdom
4. Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on the commentary Meaningful to Behold
5. Types of Mind, based on the commentary How to Understand the Mind
6. Guide to the Middle Way, based on the commentary Ocean of Nectar
7. Vajrayana Mahamudra, based on the commentary Clear Light of Bliss
8. The Bodhisattva’s Moral Discipline, based on the commentary The Bodhisattva Vow
9. Offering to the Spiritual Guide, based on the commentaries Great Treasury of Merit and Mahamudra Tantra
10. Vajrayogini Tantra, based on the commentary The New Guide to Dakini Land
11. Grounds and Paths of Secret Mantra, based on the commentary Tantric Grounds and Paths
12. The Practice of Heruka Body Mandala, based on the commentary Essence of Vajrayana
The Teacher Training Program takes approximately twelve years to complete and requires an enrollment procedure.